Information collection and use
When you use services provided on Rehlat’s website and/or mobile application, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, contact details, and/or your debit/credit card details. We will store this information with your consent.
Information we obtain
Other information like preferences, destination choices, etc.
- By default, a log in ID is created on Rehlat when you book with us. The log in is created using your Name and Email id which you provide for booking.
- To fulfill our agreement with you, including processing your flight, reservation and any other booking, sending you your itinerary, or contacting you if there is a problem with your reservation.
- To register you with our website/mobile application and administer our website services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services by contacting us.
- To answer any queries which you may send to us by e-mail.
For direct marketing purposes, as set out in detail below.
- We need to know the names of all the passengers travelling or the names related to the reservation concerned. If you are booking a flight or reservation on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent to use their personal information. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained the aforementioned consent.
- To conduct bookings, ticketing and payment transactions for the services available on the site.
- To personalize your experience and give you better service: (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve the user friendliness of the site; (we continually strive to improve the site offerings based on the information we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs) website traffic analysis
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features
- To send emails, SMS and other communications for providing services, responding to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To respond to queries of the authorities in regard to your accessing of the site and services availed by you.
- Automatic Logging of Session Data
Note: However, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your Rehlat log in passwords, and your site membership account information. Please be very careful, responsible, and alert with this information, especially whenever you’re online.
How do we use your personal information?
Information you provide or that is obtained by us will be used by us to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and provide you and other customers (via mail, email, telephone or otherwise) with information about new products and services and special offers we think you will find valuable. We may also inform you about new products and services and special offers of selected third parties, if, at the time of registration, you have opted for receiving the Rehlat newsletter or updates.
Who do we share your information with?
- To our customer support offices in the network.
- To trustworthy third parties that we use for the provision of certain services, such as enabling our customers to get baggage insurance (BRB), telecommunication services (Ooredoo), or other travel related services to offer hassle free travel experience.
- To customs and/or immigration departments or other regulatory authorities in your country of departure and/or destination in order to comply with the law in those countries.
- To the third party organizations involved in credit card authorization.
- If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
- To our employees and agents to do any of the above on our behalf, now or in the future.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information we request, you will still be able to visit our site but you may be unable to access certain options or services.
Personal information data transfer
Data information and protection on Rehlat mobile phone and tablet apps (the 'mobile apps')
When you download and use Rehlat mobile app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to the same information we collect and use when using the Rehlat website, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our mobile apps. Specifically, we collect information about mobile app functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the mobile app that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the mobile app. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
Each mobile app also sends us the device's unique device identifier (or "UDI"), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device. We use this only on the first opening of the mobile app so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective banner ads and other marketing tools.
When you use a mobile app, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby hotels or airports. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. You can switch off the mobile app’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu. This might however restrict usage of any location-dependent services or options available on our mobile app.
You always have the ability to control what information a mobile app sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the mobile app under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the mobile app from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
There is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with customized information from Rehlat websites or mobile application. A cookie is an element of data that a website or mobile application can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Rehlat websites or mobile application more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies, and you should read the information that came with your browser software to see how you can set it up to notify you when you receive a cookie, so you can decide whether to accept it.
For any other queries, enquiries, and clarification on data/information collection, protection, and usage, or if you wish to unsubscribe from certain notifications, please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Data Protection team would respond within 24 Business Hours.
Note: You can also opt out of notifications by using unsubscribe/block options on the respective channels.